"I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone’s heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark." -R. Carver

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Understanding Talent




This is a video that I plan to share with the volleyball team that I coach.  In order for us to be successful, it is important that my athletes understand where exactly talent comes from.  Ability is not something that you are born with but something that you work towards and develop.  The clip stresses the importance of young athletes understanding this concept in order to experience growth.  By not challenging themselves in order to always be successful, students will never be as good as they can be.

See The Talent Code if you're interested in some of the science about talent development.

Enjoy the day,

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment